.

.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Baby Spinach and Arugula Salad with Pears and Dried Cranberries

As a surprise,  my husband bought a tasting for us at The England Olive Oil Company in Concord MA.  We had a fantastic time sampling their olive oils from around the world and balsamic vinegars imported from Modena Italy.  It was difficult to choose, but we settled on a red apple balsamic vinegar, a pear and cranberry white balsamic vinegar, an everyday extra virgin olive oil and and an extra virgin olive oil infused with garlic.   Pear, dried cranberries and blue cheese on a bed of baby spinach and arugula were the perfect ingredients to highlight our new purchases.  I splashed the extra virgin olive oil and the pear cranberry white balsamic vinegar over the greens and ripe Bosc Pear.   A little drizzle of my cranberry bog honey, blue cheese and fresh ground black pepper finished it off.   Easy and so delicious.

23 comments:

  1. Oh, I love pears in a salad. We had an olive oil shop just open here. It is so much tasty fun sampling. And I love that fill you bottle in front of you. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite type of salad, delicious fresh greens, local honey, yummy cheese, and sweet fruit! I love the way you dressed it in imported balsamic vinegar & olive oil! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmm, that looks really good. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a delish time hehe ! Looks and sounds Yummy ! Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect and pretty salad for a cold winter's day, minus the blue cheese...sorry not a fan of blue cheese. Have a lovely evening, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go to an olive oil tasting, I've been amazed at how good our local California oils are. I love the really bright green ones! I'm envious that there is a whole store devoted to olive oil near you.
    I bet your salad was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... and WHAT a gorgeous photograph of your salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds and looks so delicious. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite ingredients. The pears are so good right now and I like them paired with arugula. Thanks for sharing!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful salad! The tasting sounds like so much fun. I need to look into doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That salad looks so refreshing! I may have to copy it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so yummy!!! What a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always give me delicious, easy ideas to freshen up my boring meals. I bought a whole bag of spinach greens recently but didn't really know how to use them. I'm doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. To go on an olive oil tasting would be a foodie dream. Loving this salad as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like such a fun outing! I love trying different olis and vinegars and i sadly had to leave a lot of oils behind when I moved as I could not pack them. This looks like such a delicious salad... and pears are so good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, yummy! This looks just scrumptious! What a glorious photo! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always great to get inspiration for new dishes from a new ingredient in the kitchen. This sounds gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow this looks fantastic. I was lucky enough to visit an olive orchard where they make their own olive oils and olive oil products in Tuscany. It was a totally awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a refreshing salad! Love the pears!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...