A Trip to the Beach
1 hour ago
- 1 28 oz.can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of mixed colored peppers
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup small black olives
- 1/4 cup stuffed green olives
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp, cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. or more of Hake
- 2 cups cornmeal for dredging
- 1/4 olive oil for frying fish
- salt and pepper for the cornmeal
Remove the cooked fish to a cooling rack so that it stays crisp.
- Heat a heavy skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil and chopped onion, cook until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the onions and garlic and simmer on low for 10 minutes..
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high, add more olive oil. Make sure it is hot enough to make a crust on the fish.
- Dredge the portions of hake in the corn meal.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side depending on thickness.